You love climbing outside but don’t have a steady climbing partner ? You tried climbing during one of our introductions and would like to do it again, on a regular basis? You don’t feel confortable enough to set up your own top rope anchors ? La Liberté Nord-Sud Climbing Club has been created just for you. Join our Club for weekly supervised rock and ice climbing outings! There’s already more than 55 members, will you be the next one?
How does it work ?
- Weekly outings, alterning between Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays . (We’ll take 2 weeks off in July).
- 10 different sites for rock climbing, 9 different sites for ice climbing
- You will have access to a bank of 10 ice climbing outings and 15 rock climbing outings per year
- If you wish to participate to more outings, additional outings are $50 + taxes. Use the promo code EXTRA50 when registering
- Booking is mandatory, at least 48 hours prior to the outing (use our website booking)
- Membership is valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Membership is profitable after the third outing
- You’ll have access to 10 ice climbing outings and 15 rock climbing outings
- A minimum of 4 participants is required for the outing to be confirmed
Included in your membership :
- AGMA/FQME certified instructor
- Climbing helmet for the day
- Carpooling arrangements (we’ll do our best to arrange carpooling for the participants without a car. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that we will find you a ride).
- 20% off on our climbing or mountaineering courses (use the “rabais20%” coupon code at checkout).
Not included in your membership :
- Tip for your instructor(s)
- Access fees to climbing sites (plan $12/outing if you are not a FQME member)
- Contribution for the driver (suggested contribution of $20, to be handed directly to the driver).
- Climbing gear such as harness, climbing shoes, boots and crampons (gear rental available)
- Snowshoes for winter approach walk (rental option available)
As for mountain boots and crampons, you can rent them here
- 9:45 AM (or 9:15 AM): Meet-up with your instructor at the determined meeting site and handing over of equipment
- 10:30AM to 4 PM : Supervised climbing
- 4 PM : End of the activity, return to cars
Ice climbing outings calendar (2021-2022):
- Sunday December 19th, 2021: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Sunday December 26th, 2021: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Friday December 31th, 2021: Saint-Rémi d’Ahmerst
- Sunday January 2nd, 2022: Saint-Rémi d’Ahmerst
- Saturday January 8th, 2022: Julien Labedan, Lac Supérieur
- Sunday January 9th, 2022: Julien Labedan, Lac Supérieur
- Friday January 14th, 2022: Shawbridge, Prévost
- Sunday January 16th, 2022: Shawbridge, Prévost
- Saturday January 22th, 2022:Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Sunday January 23th, 2022:Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Friday January 28th, 2022:Mont Larose, Montcalm (Weir)
- Sunday January 30th, 2022:Mont Larose, Montcalm (Weir)
- Saturday February 5th, 2022: Lac Sylvère, Saint-Donat
- Sunday February 6th, 2022: Lac Sylvère, Saint-Donat
- Friday February, 11th, 2022: Mastigouche, Saint-Charles de Mandeville
- Sunday February 13th, 2022: Mastigouche, Saint-Charles de Mandeville
- Friday February 18th, 2022: Shawbridge, Prévost
- Sunday February 20th, 2022: Shawbridge, Prévost
- Saturday February 26th, 2022: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Sunday February 27th, 2022: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Friday March 4th, 2022: Crique à David, Saint-Émélie-de-l’Énergie
- Sunday March 6th, 2022: Crique à David, Saint-Émélie-de-l’Énergie
- Friday March 11th, 2022: Montagne du Tranchant, Saint-Côme
- Sunday March 13th, 2022: Montagne du Tranchant, Saint-Côme
- Saturday March 19th, 2022: Lac Sylvère, Saint-Donat
- Sunday March 20th, 2022: Lac Sylvère, Saint-Donat
**Outing will be cancelled if the weather is below -25 Celsius (chance of frostbites) **
Rock climbing outing calendar (2022):
- Friday April 29: mont Rigaud
- Sunday May 1: mont Rigaud
- Saturday May 7: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Sunday May 8: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Friday May 13: Pic-aux-Corbeaux, Mont Orford
- Sunday May 15: Pic-aux-Corbeaux, Mont Orford
- Saturday May 28: Lac Larouche, St-Denis de Brompton
- Sunday May 39: Lac Larouche, St-Denis de Brompton
- Friday June 3: Val-David
- Sunday June 5: Julien Labedan, Lac Supérieur
- Saturday June 11: Kanata
- Sunday June 12: Kanata
- Friday June 24: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Sunday June 26: Montagne d’Argent, La Conception
- Saturday July 2: Lac Boisseau, La Conception
- Sunday July 3: Lac Boisseau, La Conception
- Friday July 8: mont Rigaud
- Sunday July 10: mont Rigaud
- Saturday July 16: Tranchant, Saint-Côme
- Sunday July 17: Tranchant, Saint-Côme
- Thursday August 12 Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez
- Sunday August 14: Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez
- Saturday August 27: Lac Gervais, Labelle
- Sunday August 28: Lac Gervais, Labelle
- Friday September 2: mont Baldy, Sainte-Adèle
- Sunday September 4: mont Baldy, Sainte-Adèle
- Saturday September 10: Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc, Mauricie
- Sunday September 11: Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc, Mauricie
- Friday September 16: Val-David, secteur à déterminer
- Sunday September 18: Julien Labedan, Lac Supérieur
- Saturday September 24: parc de la Forêt Ouareau, Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci
- Sunday September 25: parc de la Forêt Ouareau, Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci
- Friday September 30: Mont Larose, Montcalm (Weir)
- Sunday October 2: Mont Larose, Montcalm (Weir)
- Sunday October 16: Montagne d’Argent (VOLUNTEERING)
**The outing is cancelled if forecast announces more than 60% of chance of 1mm or more of rain **
Minimum age : 18
Dogs: Unfortunately, your dog cannot accompany you on an outing of the Club.
Membership terms and conditions :
- Membership can not be transfered to someone else.
- Refund claims will be processed based on the services provided. Outings in which you have participated will not be refunded (rate set at $ 50 per outing) and an allowance of $ 50 for management fees will be charged.
Booking procedures :
- In the Booking section :
- Write your name, last name, email and phone number.
- Select the date of your first outing
- Pay the fees
- For the next outings, select the date and book your spot using the following promo code : Club
- Booking is mandatory, at least 48 hours prior to the outing via the website
- You can’t reserve more than 30 days in advance
- If you booked a spot to an outing but cannot make it anymore , please send us an email, a texto (438-871-7133) or a message on the Facebook page of the Club at least 48 hours prior to the outing. By not doing so, you will lose a day in your bank of outing.
To invite friends to a CLUB outing:
You can invite friends to participate in a Club outing. It will be a pleasure to welcome them and make them discover our passion! The rate to be paid for a guest is that of an initiation day. Following their trial, if your guest wants to join the Club, the amount paid for their trial will be deducted from the price of their subscription.
Promo codes to apply when booking a Club outing as a guest:
- club135$ : for ice climbing trips, your guest pays the introduction rate, i.e. $135 taxes included
- club110$ : for rock outings, your guest pays the introduction rate, i.e. $110 taxes included
For guests, all the equipment is included in the price (no rental needed).
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions : T.438-871-7133
Personal equipment to bring
- Harness/climbing shoes/belay device (rental option available)
- Lunches and snacks
- At least 1 litre of water or hot beverage
- Windproof, soft-shell or waterproof jacket
- Day backpack (30-40 L)
- Change of clothes for the return trip
- Lip balm and sunscreen
- Insect repellant
Specific to Ice Climbing
- Synthetic clothing (that dries quickly) for your base layer
- Polar-fleece jacket
- Tuque, scarf, mittens and gloves (2 pairs)
- Down jacket (with or without sleeves – recommended) – to keep you warm when we’re not moving
- Old ski pants or outdoor pants (high probability of tearing your pants with crampons)
- Gaiters (recommended to protect pants)
- One pair of warm socks
- Ski goggles
- Ice climbing boots/crampons/axes (if you own those items)
OPTIONAL personal equipment to bring (in our opinion, and for your safety, you should always have these items with you on your outdoor adventures):
- Basic first aid kit
- Flashlight (frontal, if possible)
- Pocket knife
Ice climbing sites and dates
**Outing canceled if the weather is below -25 Celcius (frostbites danger) **
Lac Sylvère, Saint-Donat-de-Montcalm
Meeting spot: Halte-routière/Sonic , Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci
Meeting spot: Le marché de Madame S. in Mandeville.
Travel time from Montreal: around 1 h 30.
Meeting spot: Weir’s parking lot. From Montreal, go to Highway 15 North. Take Exit 60 towards route 360 West to Saint-Sauveur/Morin-Heights/Saint-Adolphe d’Howard. In Weir, turn right onto Chemin Larose then make a slight left turn to keep going on Chemine Larose. Drive 1 km. The parking lot will be on your right, right after Téléglobe Canada satellite dishes.
Travel time from Montreal : around 1 h 20.
Meeting spot : Café des Artisans in Prévost.
Travel time from Montreal : around 45 minutes.
Rock climbing sites and dates :
**The outing is canceled if forecast announces more than 60% of chance of 1mm or more of rain **
Montagne du Tranchant, Saint-Côme : May 17 – July 12 – September 20
Val-David : June 23 – September 1st
Rigaud : May 3 – June 28 – September 6
Meeting spot: Mont Rigaud Parking lot.
Travel time from Montreal : around 1 h
Lac Gervais : May 31 – August 12 – October 4
Meeting spot : Lac Gervais Parking .
Travel time from Montreal : around 1 h 40
Lac Boisseau : June 14 – August 23
Meeting spot : Lac Boisseau Parking (Alléluia Trail).
Travel time from Montreal : around 1 h 40
St-Mathieu-du-Parc : May 26 – August 4- September 29
La Montagne d’Argent : May 12, June 6, July 7, August 18 – September 15
Weir : October 18 – October 27
Meeting spot: Weir’s parking lot.
Travel time from Montreal : around 1 h 20.