Would you like to climb more often outdoors but don’t have a regular partner? You have participated in an introduction and would like to repeat the experience? Don’t feel comfortable making anchors or setting up top ropes on your own? The La Liberté Nord-Sud Climbing Club was designed with you in mind. Outings supervised by one of our instructors are offered throughout the rock and ice climbing seasons. The club already has over 50 members, will you be the next one?
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Outings are on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- You will have access to a bank of 10 ice climbing trips and 15 rock climbing trips per year
- If you wish to participate in more outings, additional outings are $50 + taxes.
- 10 different climbing sites for rock, 8 different sites for ice
- To participate in the outings, you must reserve at least 48 hours in advance (via website)
- Subscription valid for one year from the date of purchase
- Your subscription is quickly paid off (3rd or 4th outing) and you are not obliged to participate in all the outings
- Possibility to pay in 2 instalments (ask us)
- A minimum of 4 participants is required for an outing to be confirmed
- Policy effective January 13, 2023
Registration for the La Liberté Nord-Sud Climbing Club includes:
- AGMA or FQME certified instructor
- Facilitating carpooling (Wherever possible, we will try to match participants with a vehicle with those who do not have one. Carpooling is not guaranteed but we will facilitate it to the best of our ability).
- A 20% discount on training courses offered (except for FQME certificates) by La Liberté Nord-Sud (use the promo code rabais20% when booking online).
- Access fees to the federated sites of the Fédération Québécoise de la Montagne et de l’Escalade (FQME) since we are a FQME recognized Mountain School. Only valid with Club outings
Registration for the La Liberté Nord-Sud Climbing Club does not include:
- Tip for your instructor(s)
- Access fees to private sites such as Montagne d’Argent and Val-David (approximately $14 per outing)
- The contribution to be given to the driver for carpooling (suggestion: $20 per trip, to be given directly to the driver of the vehicle)
- The rental of climbing equipment (helmet, harness, climbing shoes, boots and crampons). Possibility of renting them if needed.
- The rental of snowshoes for the approaches in winter. Possibility of renting them if needed.
Here is the personal equipment to bring to each outing:
- belay device
- climbing shoes (for rock)
For mountaineering boots and crampons, make your rental here: https://lalibertenordsud.com/location-club/
Outing schedule (typical schedule, may change depending on location):
- 9:45 a.m.: Welcome at the meeting point and delivery of equipment
- 10h30-15h30 : Supervised climbing
- 4pm : End of the outing and return to the parking lot
Minimum age: 18 years
Dogs: Unfortunately, your dog cannot accompany you on a Club outing.
- The subscription cannot be transferred to a third party
- The subscription is valid for a period of one year from the date of purchase of the membership
- The subscription is non-refundable
Instructions for the reservation:
- Visit this page
- Click on the button ”Reserve your place”.
- Choose the date of your outing and complete your registration
- Reservation required at least 48 hours in advance (via website).
- You cannot book your outings more than 30 days in advance.
- If you need to cancel your participation in an outing, please notify us by email, text (438-871-7133) or on the Club’s Facebook page at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, you lose a day in your bank
To invite friends to a CLUB outing (trial day):
You can invite friends to participate in a Club outing. It will be a pleasure to welcome them and make them discover our passion! The fee for a guest is the same as for an introduction day. After the trial, if your guest wants to join the Club, the amount paid for the trial will be deducted from the price of the membership.
For ice outings, your guest pays the initiation fee of $135 taxes included
For the rock outings, your guest pays the initiation fee of $110 taxes included
For guests, all equipment is included in the price (no rental required).
Contact us with any questions T.438-871-7133